Well, Spring has sprung and that means Spring Cleaning….. Once you’ve done the house, don’t forget your other living space, your beloved car.It needsyour attentiontoo! We’ve made a lust of all the things we feeler important to get the job done.
1. Carpeting and Upholstery: After youve cleared out thejunk from winter, start with your interiorcarpeting and upholstery. A vacuum can work wonders for getting debris and small bits out of the carpet,and you can follow up with a damp cloth for a deeper clean.
Bonus tip – if you have animalhair: use a roll of masking tape or head to the 2 dollar shop for a pet hair roller.
2. The Console: Wash the consoles carefully. You can avoid getting electrical connections wetby using a little bit of isopropyl alcohol (from Bunnings) instead of water. Dont forget yourcup holders, too. A damp cloth usually does a nice job everywhere else.
3. The Windows: Shine the windows. After all that winter driving, the windows will need a bitof extra attention. Clean the inside and outside using a window cleaner. Shine them with adry towel. Do the mirrors of the vehicle in the same way. Don’t forget not to use Window cleaner on the inside if you have window tint, a damp cloth followed by a dry one should do the trick.
4. The Boot: When you vacuum your boot, double check your spare tyre and emergency tools.There may be something in there thats missing its better to realise in your garage than onthe highway.
5. The Exterior Body: Look at the exterior of the car, and take a second to admire its beauty. Agood washing is often in order. A thorough wash can get that extra winter grime out ofcracks and under the edges. Using a soft sponge, mild detergent and a good shammy goes along way.
Waxing the exterior is also a good idea to get spring started, as long as you do so out ofdirect sunlight. Choose a spray or liquid wax for the best results. If you are using a newproduct, test it on a hidden portion of your cars body to ensure it works properly.
6. The Wheels: Paying some extra attention to the wheels is always nice. Washing down yourhubcaps can be time consuming, but the end result looks great. You can use tyre foam onyour tyres and wheel wells, or wash them down thoroughly. This is also a good time to checkthe tire pressure and to tighten up any loose lug nuts.
7. Under the Hood: Check under the hood next for leaves, debris and even dirt that can getinto the engine area. Most of the time, just wiping down the edges is enough. If its badenough, or youve done a lot of off-roading, you may need to consider having the engineprofessionally cleaned.
if you need a hand or are looking for the right products for your Spring clean, give our guys a call on 4321 6200 and we can point you in the right direction.